I hope you have heard by now that I am running for the Leon School Board in the 2016 election. I’ll be running for the seat in District 2, currently held by Dee Crumpler, who does not intend to run again.
I decided to run because I feel compelled to do something to help our public schools. I plan to draw upon my 36 years of experience as both a teacher and principal at SAIL High School to make every school a place where all students, parents, and staff members feel valued and respected.
- I will advocate for policies that value learning more than test scores.
- I will ensure that every dollar spent supports the needs of our students.
- I will be an engaged school board member and a strong partner in the leadership of the district.
- I will seek out innovative solutions inside and outside of Tallahassee to solve some of our toughest problems.
- I will work to forge partnerships with the community to help us close our achievement and opportunity gaps.
- I will insist on clear policies for ethical conduct in all facets of the school system.
I want to make a real difference for our children. I believe I bring the experience, leadership, and integrity that are required. I hope you agree. If you want to get involved or donate to the campaign, go to RWOOD.NET and like me on Facebook Rosanne4SchoolBoard.